Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 2006 13:05:47 -0600
From:      "Edwin L. Culp W." <eculp@conejoblanco.info>
To:        courier-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [courier-users] Problem imapd.core in my Maildir directory.

Quoting Milan Obuch <courier-users@dino.sk>:

> On Wednesday 15 November 2006 12:26, you wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was not able to force that GAMIN called sendmsg which
>> was defined in libc.so.
>> Then, I modified COURIER-IMAP, instead of GAMIN.
>> --
>> =09=09=09=09HIROSHI OOTA
>
> Great, I tested this and it works. I used it as basis for upgrade patch. I=
> anybody would like to try 0.53.3 with this patch, look for ports/105573 in
> FreeBSD PR database. I would like to get as much feedback as possible.

I downloaded the pr patch and applied it manually and it broke the =20
complilation with fam but since I'm not sure if this should be fam =20
based or gamin based with the change.  I would also appreciate your =20
attaching an empty mail/courier port with your changes, if you could, =20
just to be sure that my manual application was ok although they were =20
very simple but sometimes that is worse.

> On a side note, I would like to know which add-ons are people using with
> courier. I have good experience with clamcour (security/clamcour in FreeBS=
> ports) and a bit with pythonfilter (mail/courier-pythonfilter in ports).

I am only using spamassassin and clamcour, that I agree works great.  =20
What else is being used?  I'm also thinking that maybe this should =20
probably be on the ports@freebsd.org rather than courier-users unless =20
other os's have the gamin/fam conflicts.

I was just looking at my different courier installations and I see =20
that there isn't a gamin/fam standard.  On some I'm still running =20
/usr/local/bin/fam -T 0 and newer ones, I'm not and they all work =20
although one is complaining about fam in the log file.  I guess that =20
what I'm suggesting is that a best or recommended method be added to =20
the courier port.  Life was easier before gamin but . . .

Thanks to all,

ed

P.S.  This may not show up in ports because I'm not suscribed with this
       email address but maybe ;)