Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2012 08:10:26 +0800
From:      David Xu <listlog2011@gmail.com>
To:        George Neville-Neil <gnn@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: aio in GENERIC?

On 2012/7/18 22:43, George Neville-Neil wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I was wondering why aio is not yet in GENERIC.  Now that it's properly locked and all.
>
> Best,
> George

I think one of the problem in the AIO code is it allows user code to
pass pipe, socket and other file
handles to  kernel,  however it may not work well, the AIO threads may
be blocked
forever.  I suggest to disable support for socket or pipe except normal
file or disk device.
it should either fully support it or do not support it at all, not
half-baked.

Regards,
David Xu