Date:      Fri, 23 Jul 2004 20:14:56 -0400
From:      "JJB" <Barbish3@adelphia.net>
To:        "Alexander Liebau" <beisser@lefti.net>, "Dick Davies" <rasputnik@hellooperator.net>, "Steve Rieger" <steve@n2sw.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Questions in regards to Domain and port 80 being blocked

I think you are mixing up free web site port 80 forwarding which is
very common, with smtp email server port 25 forwarding which in the
same sense is imposable.

Dyndns.org does have a pay for email service which is a standard ISP
type of email server service, and yes you can configure this fee
based service to relay your domain name email to your FreeBSD MTA
smtp email server on port 225.

But this is the costly long way around to get your domain name email
to your Freebsd email server.

Now any good domain name register  http://www.enom.com/Default.asp?
has an user web based control panel to allow redirecting email
accounts under your domain name to your email accounts at your ISP.
This is the normal way of using your official registered domain name
as your public email address and getting your email directly from
your ISP email server. Then normally you would run fetchmail program
on your FreeBSD box to retrieve your email from your ISP pop email
accounts, dropping the email into sendmail or postfix user email
boxes, or you can configure sendmail or postfix to authenticate
login to your ISP email accounts directly over port 25 to retrieve
email, or you can configure you email client program to get your
email from your ISP pop server.

Now if you are talking about something different, then please
explain in detail with URL of site offering free port 25 email relay
service.