Date:      Sat, 10 Nov 2007 23:15:35 +0100
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        John Smith <johnjgsmith@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nanobsd, picobsd, tinybsd

--vkogqOf2sHV7VnPd

On Sat, Nov 10, 2007 at 03:45:30PM -0600, John Smith wrote:
> I'd expected a more level headed reply from this FreeBSD list. How is
> a newbie supposed to know the differenced=20

Both nanobsd and picobsd have manual pages. Try 'man nanobsd' and 'man
picobsd'.=20

Picobsd has been superseded by nanobsd, whose primary is building system
images for embadded systems. This is definitely not a newbie subject.

> and how can I test this if I don't have a spare machine?

Use a virtual machine, like Qemu or vmware.
=20
> My question was more out of interest. This mailing list is called
> FreeBSD-Questions, so why can't I asked a reasonable question and
> expect a reasonable reply...?

You're supposed to look for answers yourself first. A quick googling of
tinybsd, nanobsd and picobsd would have given you these links:

http://www.tinybsd.org/tinybsd
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/nanobsd/index.html
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/nanobsd/howto.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PicoBSD