Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 2002 13:33:40 +0300
From:      "Janne Mattila" <jannemat@saunalahti.fi>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Slow download from FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE server; LNE100TX and 3Com 3c905C-TX

I recently wrote here because of slow network, (subject was: Slow
network: FreeBSD 4.6,  Linksys LNE100TX NIC and 3Com 3C905C-TX)

I tried some of your suggestions, (thanks for them :)) but they didn't
help.

So, the situation is that I got LNE100TX NIC, running Win2000. Server is
FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE and has two 3Com 3c905C-TX NICs (Internet and our
lan, 192.168.0.1). FTP and SSH _download_ speed is very slow! Say below
20kB/s. Put I can upload 3-5mB/s. Another workstation and laptop have
normal DL/UL speeds.

So it seems that something is screwed between Server's 3c905C-TX <-->
mine LNE100TX. But the thing what I do NOT understand is; we are
connected to Internet with 10mbit and I can download from Internet over
500kB/s. Huh? I'm receiving data still from Server's 3c905C-TX NIC
(192.168.0.1). What is going on?

Btw, before FreeBSD we had Linux Mandrake 8.2 which had normal speeds,
so it must be related to FreeBSD. :(

Little OT: Why my card is LinkSys LNE100TX but behind card it says
Kingston?

Thanks for help! This mailinglist is great, I've learned lot of things
during last few days. :)

- JM