Date:      Fri, 17 Feb 2006 04:11:18 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Xn Nooby" <xnooby@gmail.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: What doesn't work on desktop FreeBSD ? (ex Webcams)

As a general rule, (although there are many exceptions) there's less
support for peripherals that depend on the processor to do their
jobs.  The famous example are the winmodems, but many printers are
starting to get that way also.

While a lot of help has come from Ghostscript, your going to have
a tough time getting a Canon-anything inkjet printer to print a
color image under FreeBSD.

Ted