Date:      Fri, 11 Jun 1999 22:13:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        aoe@networku.net (Administrator)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Questions)
Subject:   Re: Network Card Config

[This type of question is much more approriate in
freebsd-questions@freebsd.org. This reply and followups are directed
there.]

Administrator wrote,
> How can I get my system to identify a second network card to utilize the FreeBSD system?  Please advise.

That depends on the card. Is it ISA or PCI? ISA will require
modifications to the kernel, but if you already have a similar card
working, it should not be a big challenge. If it is a second PCI, even
easier, just slap it in, the kernel will pick up multiple cards of the
same type with a single line in the kernel config.

So, what type of card are you adding, what type do you have working (I
assume you do from the way the question is posed), and how is your
kernel configured now?