Date:      Sun, 18 Nov 2001 19:22:34 -0500
From:      "Mike Semcheski" <jimmyjump77@hotmail.com>
To:        <cjclark@alum.mit.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: natd failed to write packet back

My question is this:
What is causing this message to occur so often?  What is NATD trying to do
that IPFW is preventing?  How can I stop it from cutting in and annoying me
when I am in the console?
Everything works as far as I can tell, but the frequency and repetitive
nature of the message is a warning sign, in my estimation.
From what I can gather from my logs, natd has failed to write packet back
hundreds of thousands of times since I installed Free-4.3 about three weeks
ago.  Like I said, everything works, but it is strange.
Mike