Date:      Fri, 5 Jul 1996 19:44:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        fports@jraynard.demon.co.uk (James Raynard)
Cc:        stesin@elvisti.kiev.ua, gpalmer@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gripes

According to James Raynard:

> > 	ghostscript 4.0?  This is something else that I've got
> > 	to build to enable my DeskJet 500 to do postscript.  Anybody
> > 	know if gs 4.0 just-does-this?
>
> Yes, it has a DJ500 driver (as do 2.6.1 and 3.51).
>
> > 	About three years ago a gentleman in Aberdeen helped me set
> > 	up his ghostscript|deskjet filter that he had ported to SVR4.
> >
> > 	Hopefully it will be easier under FreeBSD.
>
> There's a good description of how to do this in the Handbook, with
> examples for - guess what? - an HP DeskJet.
>
> But if you get really stuck, this gentleman in Edinburgh will be happy
> to send you a copy of his DJ filter :-)

	:-)

	I appreciate the offer, James.  Last time, I had just gotten
	my link to the net (&c) set up.  The printer nightmare took
	at least a week of email and my tweaking the configuration.
	((Yes, there are differences between SVR4 ports... ))

	I'm in a new office here at home.  Need to get cabling
	extensions or whatever.  Then bite the bullet.

	gary

--
  Gary D. Kline         kline@tao.thought.org          Public service uNix