Date:      Sun, 28 Mar 2004 10:52:53 -0600
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New jail related rc.conf variable

--=-=-=

At 2004-03-26T22:57:40Z, jeremie le-hen <jeremie.le-hen@epita.fr> writes:

> Therefore, I though that the jail rc script was laking of flexibility in
> sense that there is no simple way to do some unusual configuration before
> starting the jail and I decided to add a `jail_example_pre_exec' variable
> in rc.conf which is simply a command to execute before jailing.

Alternatively, I'm still developing and using my JailAdmin scripts
(available at http://subwiki.honeypot.net/cgi-bin/view/Freebsd/JailAdmin) .
They provide functionality similar to /etc/rc.jail, but additionally provide
the ability to mount filesystems before starting a jail and unmount them
after stopping it, to manage an arbitrary number of named jails, and to get
some statistics from running jails via SNMP.

It's been a little while since the last update, but it still works correctly
on -CURRENT systems.  I'm anticipating a few changes in the near future,
possibly including packing the system as a port.
=2D-=20
Kirk Strauser

"94 outdated ports on the box,
 94 outdated ports.