Date:      Sun, 18 Jun 2000 16:08:13 +1000
From:      Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>
To:        "Josh Waters" <catalyst@noctropolis.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Networking under freeBSD

When you are trying to connect to the FREEBSD box are you trying to implying
"rlogin", ftp, telnet are you trying to ping the network?

The set of iP address are you using a reserved set of IP address such as
10.10.10. whatever

127.whatever

192.168.whatever??

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, Josh Waters wrote:
> >%_Hi there,
>
> I am a newbie to freeBSD and I was wondering if you guys could help me out...
>
> I've got an intel lancewood motherboard and the network card seems to be working fine, but I can't connect to anything from my freeBSD box... or connect TO my freebsd box from any other machines..... I've set up all the ips and gateways and everything.....
>
> any ideas??

You are not authorized to use my email address for spam or any purpose
whatsoever. Remove my email address from your databases immediately and do
not attempt to email me in any way.