Date:      Sat, 06 Oct 2012 22:08:58 -0700
From:      "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@tristatelogic.com>
To:        rpaulo@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Oops! (was: Support for Intel 5100 WiFi ?)

Regarding my immediately prior mesage... NEVERMIND!

I did:

    kldload if_iwn

(based on a suggestion I found on the next) and now, of course, the thing
is properly showing up as iwn0.

I do still have a couple of questions though...

After the kldload, I got message showing me the various data rates
available for 801.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g... up to 54Mbps on that
last one, of course.

However as I understand it, the Intel 5100 chip is also capable of
802.11n, and furthermore and additionally, it is allegedly dual-band,
having the capability to operate in either the 2.4GHz range or in the
5Ghz range.

So I'd just like to know if the driver for this chip, either in 8.2-RELEASE
or in anything later, supports either 802.11n and/or the 5GHz band.

Of course, I'd also like to know if there is support for 40MHz channels,
and how one would go about making use of any or all of these enhanced
features, if in fact they are supported by the (recent or current)
driver.

Thanks in advance for any info.