Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 02:57:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
To:        mrcpu@internetcds.com (Jaye Mathisen)
Cc:        jgreco@ns.sol.net (Joe Greco), stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boca IO cards, Release notes list BB2016, doesn't exist...

> Rather, I mean that the bocaresearch site no longer lists these BB2016's,
> they list some IOblahblah part #'s, and I'm not sure if they're
> identical...

The BB series of cards was discontinued by Boca almost a year ago, though
a few still sit on some distributors shelfs.  You can find driver files,
and thus the fact that Boca did make these products, in the support area
of the web site.

They where not a big selling item for Boca since the death of the dialup
BBS basically killed the demand for them.

I do not know of the compatibility of the newer products.

> On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, Joe Greco wrote:
>
> > > They list some other 8 port cards, but none of the part numbers
> > > match.  has anybody tried any of the new ones?
> >
> > I've got about a dozen of your nonexistent cards right here.
> >
> > In addition, the BB1008 is an eight port card w/o modem control, and there
> > are numerous other 16550-style boards out there, mostly by folks like
> > Digiboard, etc.  I think Comtrol has one too.

Most of those products have been end of lifed due to near zero demand,
the demand has been replaced with products like PM2/3/4, Max40xx/60xx/TNT,
and Cisco 53xx.

--
Rod Grimes - KD7CAX @ CN85sl - (RWG25)               rgrimes@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net