Date:      Sat, 01 Nov 1997 13:52:50 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>, Stephane Raimbault <stephane@cybersurf.net>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Prefered X Window Manager?

> > I use fvwm2, and I've noticed most of my (local) friends do too.  Dunno
> > what most use here on the list, they're too far away to visit!
>
> I think you'll find a lot of fvwm / fvwm2 users on this list, actually. :)
> I still use good 'old fvwm, myself.  It does everything I need and has
> an easy-to-use virtual desktop interface, which is about 90% of what I
> use a WM for.

Hmm, I use fvmw95 on my desktops because the decorations are conveiently
small, and the icon bar pissess off when I don't want it.

OTOH, I use twm on my laptop because it places all its decorations
along *one* edge of the window, and when you are squeezed for desktop
space this lets you haul some back.  Also I don't have enough memory on
the laptop to make multiple virtual screens worthwhile 8)

mike