Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 14:56:49 -0400
From:      "Jonathan Fortin" <jfortin@akalink.com>
To:        <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Sysadmin Article --Which OS is Fastest for High-Performance Network Applications?

This is an example of a biased OS comparison chart.

"FreeBSD gave us resource-shortage warnings and failed to run when loaded
with more than 2500 connections"

It's called increasing NMBCLUSTERS,  and
kern.ipc.maxsockbuf=1048576, and increasing tcp recvspace and sendspace to
32768 also helps.

"6x faster than FreeBSD", rigghtt, was SoftUPDATES,
DMA enabled, vfs.vmiodirenable=1 enabled?

It is a joke, My freebsd system can do more then 10,000 files in 200 secds,
In fact, it can do it under 30 seconds.

This is a lame attempt of a Linux kiddie with lame admining skills and
fairly good programming skills to compare systems.