Date:      Fri, 23 May 2003 19:38:12 GMT
From:      karim18@juno.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Kernel??

Hello there,

My name is Karim, and me and a couple of friends are interested in developing an Open Source flavour of *nix (Not Linux though... its not fast enough) similar to Mac OS X in its look and feel (lotsa eye-candy), anyways we were wondering where we could get the source for the latest FreeBSD kernel (Without having to download the entire set of CD's, else we do have a set of 4.7 and you could just let me know on which CD the kernel resides), and if we were to design an OS around it besides the obvious (Giving credit to the FBSD dev team as stated under the BSD license) would there be any other issues in the copyright/copyleft?? any information/comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. also is there any online resource guides on the FreeBSD kernel??

Thanx in Advance,
Karim F. Ali

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!