Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2017 11:49:06 +0100
From:      Lars Engels <lars.engels@0x20.net>
To:        Chris H <portmaster@BSDforge.com>
Cc:        Adam Weinberger <adamw@adamw.org>, sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Procmail Vulnerabilities check

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 02:58:29PM -0800, Chris H wrote:
> OK I'm puzzled a bit. FreeBSD' motto has always been:
> FreeBSD
> The power to serve!
>
> but many of the proposed, and recent changes/removals end up more like:
> FreeBSD
> I's castrated!

So, then we should add a web server into our base! Apache? NGINX? Both?
But then, what about PHP? MySQL? PostgreSQL? We want to serve websites,
after all! Let's talk about fileservers. Samba! I could go on...

FreeBSD's power to serve slogan is about delivering the platform to
serve, not all possible server software. It just happens to have a mail
server in base because it always had, that's nothing that needs to be
kept forever. Probably 99% of the users don't use sendmail and the
remaining 1% know how to configure it, so installing them from ports is
a trivial thing for them.