Date:      Mon, 09 Feb 1998 15:22:47 -0700
From:      "Michael K. Sanders" <msanders@aros.net>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD hackers list)
Subject:   Re: weird hardware info request

In message <199802092151.WAA03099@yedi.iaf.nl>, Wilko Bulte writes:

>anyone got a picture of the physical dimensions of an ATX mainboard?
>Specifically I need the rear-cutout dimensions (so where the connectors
>and the exp board bulkheads are).

There are actually several different I/O panel variations.  The
Intel PR440FX[1], for example, has built-in Ethernet/USB/Audio
connectors.  Most ATX case manufacturers provide separate I/O
plates depending on the motherboard you use.  Intel also
has an ATX specification in Acrobat format[2], but I don't have
Acrobat here so I'm not sure if that has what you're looking for.  If
it doesn't, you might try this[3].

[1]: http://developer.intel.com/design/motherbd/pr/pr_con.htm#4
[2]: http://developer.intel.com/design/motherbd/atx.htm
[3]: http://www.teleport.com/~atx/

>Wilko (plans on hacking hardware this time..)

Have fun. :)

:: Mike ::