Date:      Fri, 20 Aug 2004 09:40:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Charles Ulrich" <charles@idealso.com>
To:        "adam" <antadam@spymac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Scheduled system backups program

adam said:
> I don't know much about backups, but i'd say look into rsync (someone
> else answer w/something better please).

We use rdiff-backup (port: sysutils/rdiff-backup) where I'm at. Does local and
remote incremental backups using librsync. It's not a complete solution on its
own, but takes a lot of the work out of it so you don't spend weeks hacking up
your own solution out of rsync. Read all about it at
http://rdiff-backup.stanford.edu/.

--
Charles Ulrich
System Administrator