Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 1999 16:45:48 +0200
From:      Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>, Motomichi Matsuzaki <mzaki@e-mail.ne.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kern/5038: FreeBSD can't read MS Joliet CDs.

On Wed, Apr 14, 1999 at 10:24:38PM +0900, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:
> Motomichi Matsuzaki wrote:
> >
> >  The patch gzip+uuencoded is following.
>
> Do you know of any problems resulting from applying this patch?

I'm not sure if this applys to _this_ patch, but a couple of
months ago I took some 3.0-patches and backported them to 2.2.
They had the problem of using the Joliet extensions when mounting
a hybrid-CD (a CD with Joliet and RockRidge extensions).

Perhaps an option to mount_cd9660 would be the best idea, similar
to the already existing -r it could get a -j which would make
mount_cd9660 ignore the Joliet extensions.

bye,
  Harold

--
<Shabby> Sleep is an abstinence syndrome wich occurs due to lack of caffein.
Wed Mar  4 04:53:33 CET 1998   #unix, ircnet