Date:      Tue, 9 May 1995 19:12:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        clary@elec.uq.oz.au (Clary Harridge)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Compression and rotation of log files

> How about using something like the following shell script for saving space
> when the log files get rotated in daily and weekly cron scripts?
>
> /etc/weekly

I like this impementation, care to put a public copyright on it
and send it to me again.  I shall update src/etc/weekly with your
code, but first I need a releasable copyright on your code since
it is here with no statement of release (well, the one in there
doesn't either, but it was on the tape with a blanket copyright
statement).