Date:      Thu, 6 Jan 2005 12:01:13 +0300
From:      "Eugene M. Minkovskii" <emin@mccme.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        J65nko BSD <j65nko@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: sendmail and mbox permissions

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 12:14:05AM +0100, J65nko BSD wrote:
" On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 23:23:29 +0300, Eugene M. Minkovskii <emin@mccme.ru> wrote:
" > Hi.
" >
" > I use FreeBSD 5.3 and sendmail. When root rechieve the mail,
" > mailbox's (/var/mail/root) permission bits has been setted to
" > 600. Who and how it does? Can I change this behavior?
" >
" > --
" For security reasons, the "root" account should not receice any mail.
" One of sendmail's alternatives "qmail" will even NEVER send any mail
" to the root account.
"
" Enter an alias for root in "/etc/mail/aliases" and run the "newaliases" command.

Yes, I know this reasons, but I want to know what happens. Who
change permissions on /var/mail/root. Why I see it in FreeBSD 5.3
and don't see in FreeBSD 5.2.1?

What do you mean "don't rechive any mail?" mach daemond, mail to
root they reports and I want easy way to reading it.

--
Sensory  yours, Eugene  Minkovskii
Сенсорно ваш,   Евгений Миньковский