Date:      Wed, 17 Jun 1998 01:23:32 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Jamie Bowden <jamie@itribe.net>
Cc:        Mike <muck@ida.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.6 CD-ROM : Package dependencies up the creek ?

On Tue, Jun 16, 1998 at 08:06:07AM -0400, Jamie Bowden wrote:

> You missed her point entirely.  Sysinstall closed up shop, went home, and
> left her locked in a dark room without telling her it was closing time or
> why.

Worse. It went on installing and bouncing back with merry menus for half
an hour after it ran out of disk space, as if nothing was wrong.

>  Now, I don't like to whine about the current state of sysinstall
> because I attempted to load 1.1 from an LBA'd dos partition once.
> Computing cylinders when you aren't really sure which numbers your
> actually using leads to painfull mistakes.  All she's asking for is maybe
> for a little message like "Your disk is full, can't continue" or some
> such.

Yes, that would be wonderful! But if it's too hard to do, just mention
in the instructions that you might not be told if it runs out of space.
That'd be almost as good.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-