Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:02:07 +1300
From:      Juha Saarinen <juhasaarinen@gmail.com>
To:        Scott Bye <sbye@convergedservices.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrade to Courier 4.0.1?

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:44:57 -0000, Scott Bye
<sbye@convergedservices.co.uk> wrote:
> I updated to this via ports, and the services appear to be running and listening for connections.
>
> However, if I connect to them, I get disconnected immediately, and nothing appears to be logged for any of the services.
>
> It's obviously affecting both POP3 and IMAP, leaving the mail services on my server useless.
>
> I tried reinstalling the port for courier-imap, but it complained that it couldn't find courierlogger. So I reinstalled courier-authlib from ports, and reinstalled courier-imap and it no longer complained. However, the services are still doing exactly the same!
>
> Any ideas what has happened?!

"Mr Sam", the Courier author, has made some pretty drastic changes
with the new version. All the auth stuff has been moved into a
separate package (courier-authlib). You need to add/edit some lines in
rc.conf (see UPDATING) .

Unfortunately, a straight upgrade of the port doesn't seem to work.
I'm only using Courier-IMAP here, but had to delete the package and
reinstall it after Courier-authlib to get things working again.

--
Juha

--

Juha