Date:      Tue, 2 May 2000 14:14:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Gary Jennejohn <garyj@muc.de>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS, rl0 and Alpha

:Is anyone else observing kernel panics in the NFS code with Alpha
:(pc164) and rl0 (the Alpha is running as a client only) ?
:
:NFS worked just fine when I had a de0 in the box. After installing an
:rl0 (I know they suck, but they're so cheap :) I _always_ get an
:unaligned access panic when I try to access an NFS mounted FS, in any
:way.

    This is almost certainly related to differences in how the
    packet is aligned in memory between de0 and rl0.

    If you are getting panics, it is probably at the same
    location every time.  If you can get a kernel core dump
    and backtrace I'll bet we can find and fix this problem
    quickly.

					-Matt