Date:      Wed, 03 May 95 09:57:00 PDT
From:      Plyaskin Sergey <splyaski@cmp.com>
To:        "'.freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   elm 2.4 port

Hi,

Does someone have experience with installing elm 2.4 port on FreeBSD 2.x
snaps? I'm looking to install that one from ports-2.0/mail/elm.
 Unfortunately, I never installed ports and don't really understand how to
do that.  My questions are:

1. How do I apply the patch? What file(s) this patch updates - where's this
info?
2. Should I first apply the patch and then pre-configure/configure or what?
3. What is the general sequence of my actions when installing the port?

Any info/hints/pointers to the appropriate documents will be greatly
appreciated.  Also, maybe someone can recommend any other/better mailer
instead of elm (I believe, it's not too easy to install pine?). I'm running
FreeBSD 950412-SNAP without XFree on this machine.
Thanks in advance.

 -Serge   splyaski@cmp.com