Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 2017 12:59:26 -0300
From:      ASV <asv@inhio.net>
To:        byrnejb@harte-lyne.ca, freebsd-questions@harte-lyne.ca
Subject:   Re: Undo GELI

Unfortunately for you the geli provider must be created prior the
filesystem which is going to be encrypted within.
If you forgot about that you have to move the data somewhere else and
re-create the fs within a geli provider.
As I've played quite some with that in the past I can tell you that
I've successfully used rsync, dump and tar for the data transfer. Which
one to use is up to you but dump is certainly the slowest of them all.

Good luck!