Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 19:41:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chris Hill <chris@monochrome.org>
To:        Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG '" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Pronunciations

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Brandon Fosdick wrote:

> Brian Beattie wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Chris Hill wrote:
> >
> > > What about ~? In grade school I learned that it was pronounced "TIL-duh"
> > > but I have a friend who calls it "TIL-day."
> >
> > twiddle
>
> A twiddle is the little spinning ascii icon {/-\|/-...}, like the one
> that the boot loader uses. At least I think its the boot loader,
> haven't had to reboot in a while. :)

I have. About three weeks ago (actually 23 days, 20:23) I was reading
something online (perhaps this very list), crossed my legs, and
accidentally hit the power switch with my toe.  Retard. Yes, I've moved
the CPU to a new spot.

--
Chris Hill               chris@monochrome.org
[1]    Bus error                     netscape