Date:      Mon, 17 Apr 2000 08:43:15 +0300
From:      Ertan Kucukoglu <ertank@ozlerplastik.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Can't run squid with leased line (solved partly)

Hello,

Previous week I sent a message explaining my problem about using squid with
a leased line. Now, I find out something.

When I looked at squid log files deeply I see that whenever a request comes
squid child process dies with the segmentation fault error and another squid
child process is starting automatically by main process.

The mentioned squid was a 2.3STABLE2. I downloaded it from squid web site
and compiled with '--prefix=/squid' parameters.

I'm using FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE. I also have some FreeBSD 3.5 and 3.3
machines. I also use squid2.3S1 on them as the same way I do in 4.0, but 4.0
seg faulting.

Then I tried to use squid-2.3.tgz from the ports collection and viola, it
runs.

Now, I wonder what made the squid die and what parameters used when
compiling the squid-2.3.tgz in the ports collection.

Regards,

--
Ertan Kucukoglu
ertank@ozlerplastik.com