Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2005 07:48:37 +0100
From:      Christian Hiris <4711@chello.at>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Duane Winner <dwinner-lists@att.net>
Subject:   Re: set_rcvar load_rc_config run_rc_command: all not found

--nextPart1139105.ZWJlxWogds

On Wednesday 26 January 2005 05:45:05, Duane Winner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just noticed (after spending the past two weeks testing
> 5.3-release), that I'm getting this on every boot and shutdown:
>
>     Local package initialization:set_rcvar: not found
>     load_rc_config: not found
>     run_rc_command: not found
>
> Everything seems to be working fine, but I sure would like to know where
> those "set_rcvar", "load_rc_config" and "run_rc_command" not found
> messages are coming from and why.

This messages were sent by a script, which resides in one of your local=20
startup directories. If you use the default local startup directories, then=
=20
search the scripts under /usr/local/etc/rc.d and /usr/X11R6/etc/rc.d for th=
e=20
variables that couldn't be found. The script that wants to run the function=
s=20
set_rcvar, load_rc_config and run_rc_command requires the line=20
". /etc/rc.subr". This line sucks in the file /etc/rc.subr and makes the=20
missing functions available to your script.=20

Cheers,
ch=20

=2D-=20
Christian Hiris <4711@chello.at> | OpenPGP KeyID 0x3BCA53BE=20