Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 2000 17:19:24 +0100
From:      "Gallagher, Mick" <mick.gallagher@roke.co.uk>
To:        "'questions@FreeBSD.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Big Installation Problems

Hi All,

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 4.0 for the first time from CDROM.

The PC is old-ish, but not overly so. (I think its a P75). (Linux and WinNT
installs fine on this machine).

I created the boot floppies and got as far as configuring the kernel
drivers. (I believe this is just prior to hardware probing).

I hit 'Q' to save and quit, then get the following screen:

avail memory = 10481664 (10236K bytes)
Preloaded elf kernel "kernel" at 0xc05e7000
Preloaded mfs_root "/mfsroot" at 0xc05e7084
Intel pentium detected, installing workaraound for F00F bug
md0: Preloaded image </mfsroot> 2949120 bytes at 0xc0315b98
md1: malloc disk
npx0: <math processor> on motherboard
npx0: INT 16 interface
pcib0: <Host to PCI bridge> on motherboard
pci0: <PCI bus> on pcib0
atapci0: <RZ100 ? ATA controller !WARNING! buggy chip data loss possible>
port 0
x3f4-0x3f7, 0x1f0-0x1f7 at device 1.0 on pci0
atapci0: Busmastering DMA not supported
panic: resource_list_alloc: resource entry is busy
Uptime: 0s
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds...

And thats it. The CDROM doesn't fire up or anything. The machine just
reboots, then starts over.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Mick Gallagher