Date:      Sat, 1 Apr 2000 14:32:07 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        "James P. Brewster" <James@virtual-net.net>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Relaying Mail

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven wrote:

> If, however you are on a cablemodem or another 24/7 connection, you
> really _don't_ want to relay everything.

Even if you're not, you don't the spammers could still find you. (IIRC
no-one ever tried to relay spam through my SMTP server, but I often got
idiots trying to post Usenet spam through my NNTP server. I don't any
more for some reason, on the same dialup account.)

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D