Date:      Mon, 06 Jan 2003 08:09:40 -0200
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@tcoip.com.br>
To:        ryan beasley <ryanb@goddamnbastard.org>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sshd login

ryan beasley wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 02:54:57PM -0200, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:
>
> >Alas, that *did* work. My first attempt (replying to another message)
> >was done with wrong permissions.
> >
> >Question... it did not have this trouble before Dec 13, but Dec 30 it
> >had (no worlds in between). The sshd_config I use is the standard one.
> >So... why?
>

>     Hm, no idea.  Did you possibly change anything that'd stop the kernel
>     from returning ICMP port unreachables to sshd, like packet
> filtering on
>     lo0, or turning on blackhole(4), etc?  Those are the first things
> that'd
>     come to mind explaining the sudden delays as the local lookup attempts
>     would've begun the instant you were using OpenSSH + privilege
> separation
>     + chroot.

Now that you mention it... This does coincide with me noticing I hadn't
brought over the rc.sysctl I use on the other firewalls, which includes
blackhole(4).

Ok, mystery solved. Question, though... why is it querying the reverse
if I specifically *told* it not to?

--
Daniel C. Sobral                   (8-DCS)
Gerencia de Operacoes

Outros:
	dcs@newsguy.com
	dcs@freebsd.org
	capo@notorious.bsdconspiracy.net

Uh-oh -- WHY am I suddenly thinking of a VENERABLE religious leader
frolicking on a FORT LAUDERDALE weekend?