Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 2006 10:42:11 +0100
From:      "Pietro Cerutti" <pietro.cerutti@gmail.com>
To:        "Yuan Jue" <yuanjue02@gmail.com>, freebsd <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: X.org 7.0 port?

On 3/2/06, Yuan Jue <yuanjue02@gmail.com> wrote:
> hey, all
>
> anybody knows that when will X.org 7.0 be ported to FreeBSD?
> I have heard that X.org 7.0 support ATI cards inclued some exciting
> features, say tv-out & 3D acceleration and so on.
>
> Since my video card is ATI Mobility Radeon 9600, I really wanna these
> new fetures on my FreeBSD :)

>From x.org:

X11R7.0 is the first release of the complete modularized and
autotooled source code base for the X Window System. X11R6.9, its
companion release, contains identical features, and uses the exact
same source code as X11R7.0, but with the traditional imake build
system.

So as you can see, 7.0 and 6.9 share exactly the same code, but
they're just packed and built differently.

> thanks in advance
>
> --
> Best Regards.
> Yuan Jue