Date:      Sat, 19 Dec 1998 19:55:11 +1100
From:      jonathan michaels <jon@caamora.com.au>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Using FreeBSD as a Router

On Fri, Dec 18, 1998 at 07:37:42PM -0600, Crampton, Scott wrote:

> I would like to use FreeBSD as a router.  I have a domain name, an IP
> address pool, an ISP, all the equipment and FreeBSD running.  All I lack
> is the intelligence to configure FreeBSD.  Any suggestions?

a really simple answer is to get the book by greg lehey "teh complete freebsd,
2nd edition".

i used this resource as my guide to setting things up, greg sets out in
chapeters 19 to end the things you need to do to get what you have described up
and trotting .. after that, well, hard earned experience and asking questions
in freebsd-questions and other such places.

please note, teh relevent chapters in cfbsd, are not a step by step tutorial,
rather a how to in teh linux sence of the 'how-to' concept.

best wish for christmass and new year.

regards

jonathan