Date:      Fri, 9 Aug 1996 07:04:55 +0200
From:      roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: inews???

According to Warner Losh:
> Just installed trn, and it wants inews to post news.  There is no
> inews package listed in INDEX, and there isn't a dependency on it
> inside of trn.  Do I need to install all of inn/cnews to get this tiny

No, there  is one  implementation  of  inews  shipped  with trn. Maybe  the
package or the port doesn't install it ?

[look into trn 3.6]

Damn, trn 3.6 has no inews, it is only the 4.0 (still in development) which
has it...  You'll need to compile inn to get one or look on the Web or with
ftpsearch for a inews replacement. (http://ftpsearch.ntnu.no/)
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #17: Fri Aug  2 20:40:17 MET DST 1996