Date:      Fri, 8 May 1998 18:18:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Orthoefer <orthoefe@gte.net>
To:        Patrick McManus <mcmanu@direct-internet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on a Compaq Proliant 2000?

The onboard scsi controller is ncr53c710 based, on and off people have
mentioned taking a stab at building a driver for it, none have
materialized so far (there is a linux driver for that chip IIRC).  The
proliant 2000 is pre Intel SMP spec 1.1, about the only thing that'll run
multiprocessor on that box is netware and perhaps a compaq proprietary
version of NT3.5.

It will drive standard eisa and isa cards, though getting them to play
nice with their eisa config util is somewhat maddening.

good luck,