Date:      Mon, 03 May 1999 15:44:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dos2unix

On 03-May-99 Chris Costello wrote:
> On Mon, May 3, 1999, Michael C. Vergallen wrote:
>> Here it is ... someone gave me this routine to use ...
>
>    This code is both unnecessarily complex and it does not
> function the same way the BSDI dos2bsd/bsd2dos tools work.

This is all I use in a shell script to convert to unix.

tr -d '^M' < $1

But change the ^M to an actual ASCII 13.  I call it 2ux and to
use it:

2ux INFILE > OUTFILE

I've never bothered converting them back, if needed I just load it into
an editor on the dos machine and save it, but you can probably use tr or
sed to do that if you really needed to.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null
       # include <std/disclaimers.h>                   TEAM-OS2