Date:      Tue, 03 Mar 2009 00:45:35 +0300
From:      Cache <c-h@mail.ru>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help! zpool corrupted!

I have FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT r188913M (amd64) on notebook with dual core Turion and 4G of RAM. Disk controller is AMD SB600. Single HDD - SATA-150 250G WD2500BEVS, ad4 at ata2, formatted with one ufs root partition 256M (ad4s1a) and ZFS pool (ver. 6 from FreeBSD 7-STABLE, ad4s1d) on rest of the disk. On ZFS pool I have about ten datasets: /root /usr /home /usr/src etc.

Now I have zpool status "One or more devices has experienced an error...". When I run scrubing, I see many errors in pool. Every scrub after reboot displays different amount of errors: 47, 176 - or ~24000.
Disk and disk controller seems to be OK, checked with mhdd, but with hw.ata.ata_dma=1 there are error messages in console sometimes (something like 'DMA error'. Sorry, I can't explain its. I don't save its last time and now trying to reproduce).

When I set hw.ata.ata_dma=0 in loader.conf, there are no errors in console.

With 'zfs mount -a' command terminal not returns command prompt, but system not freezes - any typing echoed to display and ctrl-alt-del reboots system as expected. I tried to mound datasets manually - system became thinking on /home and /usr.

Does anybody know, how can I restore those two datasets or just make its temporary accessible for retrieving data? Any HOWTOs? I have some important data and many polished app configs on /home and just not want one more time installing of ~1000 ports... And yes, I stupid, because last backup was long time ago... :(