Date:      Sat, 15 Jul 2000 11:13:03 -0400
From:      David Banning <David@www3.pacific-pages.com>
To:        Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: newbie of php problem - code shows no output

It seems like httpd.conf has been configured for php3 (I uninstalled
php4 and
installed php3 to see if it would make a difference);

LoadModule unique_id_module   libexec/apache/mod_unique_id.so
#LoadModule php4_module        libexec/apache/libphp4.so
LoadModule php3_module        libexec/apache/libphp3.so

and;

AddModule mod_so.c
AddModule mod_setenvif.c
#AddModule mod_php4.c
AddModule mod_php3.c

and;

<IfModule mod_dir.c>
    <IfModule mod_php3.c>
        <IfModule mod_php4.c>
            DirectoryIndex index.php index.php3 index.html
        </IfModule>
        <IfModule !mod_php4.c>
            DirectoryIndex index.php3 index.html
        </IfModule>
    </IfModule>
    <IfModule !mod_php3.c>
        <IfModule mod_php4.c>
            DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
        </IfModule>
        <IfModule !mod_php4.c>
            DirectoryIndex index.html
        </IfModule>
    </IfModule>
</IfModule>

Is that all that's needed?

Danny wrote:

> You have to modify httpd.conf to support the php4 extension.
>
> And remember to restart your Apache server after you modified httpd.conf
>
> At 06:19 PM 7/14/00 -0400, you wrote:
> >Actually my file is /usr/David/php/test.php so it does have a .php
> >extension.
> >
> >I tried your script, with do difference - it does seem to read the
> >script,
> >as for a moment in netscape - at the bottom it says "reading file...",
> >then "DONE."
> >

> >David Daugherty wrote:
> >>
> >> Try naming the file with a .php extension. Also try this instead, it tells
> >> you a whole lot more:
> >> <?php phpinfo() ?>

> >> David
> >> Software Engineer - NetManage
> >> Work email: david.daugherty@netmanage.com
> >> Home email: doc@wcug.wwu.edu
> >> ICQ 21106703
> >> Washington State Resident

> >--
> >"Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defense"

"It was a virgin forest, a place where the Hand of Man had never set
foot."