Date:      Fri, 18 Nov 2005 07:51:48 -0000
From:      "Graham Bentley" <gbentley@uk2.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Subject: Re: Web host manager

>This might suit your needs: http://www.raqdevil.com/

> I do not know how well developed for use with freebsd this is yet. I must say
> the installation instructions sounded very off putting..do not install on any
> thing other than a bare  system seemed to be the implication. Although I did
> notice that someone is apparaently working on a port so maybe - just maybe--
> it will work out fine. I am running freebsd 5.3 atm and they say they have
> only tested on 5.4.

I would say not quite ready yet. I tested this over a couple of days using
both the instructions on site and also my own 'methods' - unfortunatly
both method resulted in me jumping through hoops trying to resolve
issues that caused one or two functions to fail. After the second day
I ran out of time / enthuisiasm. Thats not to say that it wasnt down to me
or something that I did but I believe I gave it my best shot. To the credit
of the project I joined the forum and got some answers and also and
admission that some things werent completely sorted yet.

I know this isnt exactly the right place but in contrast to raqdevil have
you reveiwed SME Server on Linux? www.contribs.org

Very slick indeed !

Of course there is also Webmin on either platform :)