Date:      Sat, 9 Oct 1999 19:49:25 -0700
From:      Dann Lunsford <dann@greycat.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCI sound devices

I've got a Toshiba laptop with builtin PCI sound device.  Said device is
a ESS ES1978 based thing, claiming to be SBPRO compatible.  This comming
from Toshiba, it is almost certainly a lie, but for now let's pretend we
believe it.  Here;s what pciconf -l has to say about it:

none0@pci0:12:0: class=0x040100 card=0x00011179 chip=0x1978125d rev=0x10 hdr=0x00

Anybody got a clue as to how I can get this working under FreeBSD?   I've been
reading code all day, and I *think* I can see where to start, but if someone
else has working code, I would ****REALLY**** appreciate seeing it!

Thansk!

Dann Lunsford