Date:      Fri, 20 Dec 2013 02:45:45 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Julien Cigar <jcigar@ulb.ac.be>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make release memstick

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 23:47:54 +0100, Julien Cigar wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 10:31:22AM +0100, Julien Cigar wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to build a custom FreeBSD memstick for my Soekris box.
> > Everything runs fine except when I'm doing the $> make memstick target
> > with sudo, I'v put the logs here: https://dpaste.de/TOOU
> >
> > Any idea why does it fails..?
>
> No one on this .. ?

YAFIYGI. :-)

> Should I submit a bug report ?

>From the messages at https://dpaste.de/TOOU/raw (better readability
this way) I would conclude that you're running into a problem with
make's -C parameter and the ~ interpretation because the path names
look mangled:

mkdir /home/mage/soekris10dst//usr/home/mage/soekris10obj/usr/home/mage/soekris10/release/dist/doc

Also an earlier command executed by make looks wrong:

cd /usr/home/mage/soekris10/release/.. && make TARGET_ARCH=amd64 TARGET=amd64 distributeworld DISTDIR=/usr/home/mage/soekris10obj/usr/home/mage/soekris10/release/dist

The path is "doubled" here, whereas the the upper example shows a
"concatenation" (notice the "//").

Maybe sudo is also involved here, because "make -j 3 -C ~/soekris10
buildworld buildkernel" didn't seem to get any problems. How about
trying su instead of sudo? I cannot explain this entirely, but I
assume this is the result of too many variable resolutions (the
environmental settings, the command line parameters) and probably
a strange kind of precedence...

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany