Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 20:23:17 +0200
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@altavista.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with rc.network

Hi,

After today's cvsup'ing and mergemaster'ing I discovered that something weird
happened with the rc.network script. In the past I newer had any problems with
my notebook boot-up, but today it stops for several minutes on "Starting final
network daemons:" and writing something like:

"Cannot send MNT PRC: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC timed out..."

It looks like it trying to contact my another computer I have at home over plip
line because after several minutes it sudenly prints "lp0: Too many errors,
Going off-line" and continues boot-up sequence. I do not know wny it is doing
so, because I have noauto option for all my NFS volumes and disabled all
network daemons except inetd in my rc.conf.

-Maxim