Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 1998 18:38:30 PDT
From:      "Pixel King" <pixelking@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   floppy/ide hard drive install difficulties

hello,

i go through the install, setting up the partition, and then i go to
select my distribution. since i got it off the net, i only have the
files in the Bin directory, so i go to custom install, and select only
the bin.

then it prompts me to insert the first floppy. i do, and then it tells
me it can't find the files from 'bin'. i've formatted this floppy, and
then (as per the directions) created a dir. called 'bin' and copied
bin.aa through bin.ae onto the floppy in the subdir 'bin'.

i've also tried it putting the files into the root of the floppy, and
even tried creating a FAT16 partition on my drive (i run win98 w/fat32)
with the subdir c:\freebsd\bin on it, and telling the install program to
look there. all to no avail.

thanks in advance for your help,

jake