Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 2001 22:52:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        bright@wintelcom.net (Alfred Perlstein), josb@cncdsl.com, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DJBDNS vs. BIND

:> :to the unaltered DJBDNS code, since the binaries of the modified
:> :code themselves are not permitted to be redistributed.
:>
:>     It means nothing of the sort.  Unless DJBDNS explicitly says that
:>     a change of ownership (company bought, merger,... ) requires doing
:>     the above very silly thing, there is no legal risk whatsoever.
:>     A company being sold to another company is a very, very, very
:>     different beast then a company selling software commercially.
:
:Selling the company transfers ownership of the binaries.
:
:
:					Terry Lambert
:					terry@lambert.org

   Look Terry, I went through one of those damn aquisitions... AND a merger,
   with BEST.  I know you really want to make a mountain out of a molehill
   but all you are doing here is creating confusion over a non-issue.  It is
   unnecessary.  There is no problem here and there never was.

						-Matt