Date:      Tue, 9 Mar 2010 10:15:53 +0100
From:      Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
To:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Many processes stuck in zfs

Over the past couple of months, I've more or less regularly observed =
machines having more and more processes stuck in the zfs wchan.  The =
processes never recover from that, and trying to reboot only gets the =
entire system stuck, without any console messages.  I can enter the =
debugger, and I have saved a couple of dumps.

The situation seems to be triggered by zfs receive'ing snapshots from =
the sister machine (both synchronize their active ZFS filesystems to =
each other, using zfs send and zfs receive).  It appears it's the =
receiving causing trouble.

Both machines run 8-stable from mid-February, with a single-disk ZFS =
pool, with ARC limited to 512M, prefetch and ZIL disabled via =
loader.conf.

What should I be looking at to further diagnose?

Thanks,
Stefan

--=20
Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811