Date:      Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:19:15 -0400
From:      Jonathan Arnold <jdarnold@buddydog.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Invoking rc.conf changes w/o rebooting

walker, mick wrote:
> Adi Pircalabu <mailto:apircalabu@bitdefender.com> scribbled on 17 June 2005
> 13:57:
>

>>On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:50:23 +0100
>>"walker, mick" <mick.walker@ctcmarine.com> wrote:
>>

>>>You can drop to ren level 1 using the command init 1.
>>>

>>No, there is no need for such an action. A simple entry as the one
>>listed in pkg-message is enough to set up webmin for starting at boot
>>time and run time.
>>Cheers
>
> [Sorry forgot to copy the list in]
> Thanks I stand corrected.
>
> However this did not work for me for some reason, after installing sasl
> authd, however my previously mentioned method did.

Yes, same here for my webmin.  I added it to the rc.conf and then tried
to use it and webmin wouldn't work.  I rebooted and all was well. Good test
for rebooting remotely anway.

Thanks for everyone's help over the last couple of days.

--
Jonathan Arnold     (mailto:jdarnold@buddydog.org)
Daemon Dancing in the Dark, a FreeBSD weblog: