Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:35:36 -0400
From:      "Derek" <derek@durham.net>
To:        <pjklist@ekahuna.com>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: IPF/routing question

> The router has been configured with a default route
> pointing to its external interface,

The router should have it's default route pointing to the router
at the ISP (1.1.1.1) in this case.  This above statement leads me
to believe that the router's default gateway is (1.1.1.2).

> and connectivity works fine from the router to
> the internet.

I'm not sure that this would work, if my above statement is
correct.

> I can ping 10.1.1.2 and 1.1.1.2 from the FreeBSD box,
> but not beyond, so I assume this is a default route
> problem.

If the default gateway on the router was set to (1.1.1.2) and not
(1.1.1.1), but everything else was set correctly, then this would
be what you would see.

I don't see anything incorrect with the syntax of the your
provided route commands, it all appears correct.

Derek