Date:      22 Jun 2001 09:25:30 +0930
From:      Andrew Reid <andrew.reid@plug.cx>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        Patrick O'Reilly <patrick@mip.co.za>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Postfix???

On 21 Jun 2001 16:41:39 -0500, Mike Meyer wrote:

> Backwards compatability with sendmail was a postfix goal, so things
> like alias files and mail lists and so on keep working without
> change. This isn't true with qmail, for instance. That makes postfix
> an easier step than qmail. I don't know about exim.

One thing that you've got to watch with Postfix is making sure you
properly replace Sendmail. Otherwise, you'll find you'll get errors when
you send stuff from the local box. I've just linked
/usr/local/sbin/sendmail to /usr/sbin/sendmail which fixed the problem.
That took me several hours and lots of hair-pulling to work out :-)

   - andrew

--
void signature () {
	cout << "Andrew Reid -- andrew.reid@plug.cx" << endl ;